HUFLIT accepts applications for admission based on the high school transcript evaluation in the fourth roundFrom August 1st to August 22nd, 2023, Ho Chi Minh City University of Foreign Languages and Information Technology (HUFLIT) will accept applications for admission based on the results of the high school graduation exam in the fourth round of 2023 for 18 undergraduate majors under the regular system.
HUFLIT announces the guaranteed threshold for admission quality based on the method of evaluating the high school graduation exam results in 2023On July 24, 2023, the Admission Council of HUFLIT announced the guaranteed threshold for admission quality based on the method of evaluating the high school graduation exam results in 2023. This threshold is applicable to 18 undergraduate majors under the regular system, following the admission evaluation process regulated by the Ministry of Education and Training. The admission score threshold ranges from 15 to 16 points.
Instructions for candidates to apply for university admission on the portal of the Ministry of Education and Training in 2023
Korean Language – Wide opportunities for learners
The Hallyu wave has been sweeping globally, with its allure not only in films, music, but also in cosmetics, fashion, tourism, and culture, becoming increasingly popular. It is estimated that up to 88 million people worldwide speak Korean. Besides being the official language of South Korea, Korean is also used as a second language in many countries for university entrance exams, such as Australia, the United States, Japan, France, Finland, and others.
According to the statistics on South Korea’s investment in Vietnam over the past 10 years, South Korea has consistently been among the top 3 countries with the largest number of projects and investment capital in Vietnam. Korean companies are currently employing over a million Vietnamese workers, and the demand for Korean-speaking personnel is predicted to increase significantly in the future as approved investment projects come into operation. Individuals proficient in the Korean language will have more opportunities with the recruitment needs of Korean companies in Vietnam.
It is indeed an attractive prospect! Let’s explore more about this fascinating field of study at HUFLIT.
What is Korean Language major?
The Korean Language program is a specialized field of study focused on the Korean language and culture. When students enroll in this program, they are trained to proficiently use all four language skills: listening, speaking, reading, and writing in Korean, from elementary to advanced levels. Additionally, students in the Korean Language program are equipped with knowledge about various aspects of Korea, such as its culture, history, economy, politics, and people.
1. Major: Korean Language
2. Major code: 7220210
3. Admission combination codes: D01, D10, D14, D15
4. Total credits: 135
5. Training duration: 3.5 years
The Korean Language program at the Faculty of Oriental Languages and Cultures (Eastern Faculty) of HUFLIT is designed with a student-centered approach to meet the current societal and labor market demands for proficient language users. The program focuses not only on providing in-depth training for Korean language proficiency but also imparts fundamental knowledge about the region, country, and people of Korea.
Furthermore, to equip students with specialized skills for future professions, the Korean Language program offers three attractive specializations:
- Pedagogy (Teaching)
- Administration – Office Management
- Culture – Tourism
The faculty members
The faculty members responsible for delivering the training program are experienced and possess a Master’s degree or higher. They have expertise in teaching Korean as a foreign language and specialized Korean language knowledge.
The distinctive features in training program
- Students are taught Korean language skills from basic to advanced levels, covering listening, speaking, reading, writing, and communication practice.
- Upon completion of the program, students are expected to achieve language proficiency equivalent to Level 4 or higher of the Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK) or the Korean Language Ability Test (KLAT).
- Throughout the program, students have the opportunity to study with Korean instructors and experts.
- Students can participate in exchange programs at various Korean universities such as the Korean Language University, Ehwa Women’s University, MyungJi University, National University of Jeju, Yeungnam University, Chosun University, Kyungsung University, Wonkwang University, Busan University of Foreign Studies, and Paichai University.
- Students have the option to choose one of the three specializations.
- The curriculum is designed to provide students with advanced learning methods, utilizing smart devices in their courses.
- There are various academic activities such as Korean speaking competitions, company internships in Korea, cultural festivals, traditional Korean art exploration, scientific research, and Korean language clubs.
- Students also have access to numerous scholarships and opportunities for exchange programs in Korea.
- The curriculum includes specialized subjects such as Korean interpretation and translation, Korean document drafting, Korean news writing, Korean presentation skills, Korean business culture, Korean tourism language, Vietnamese-Korean route narration, Korean office skills, Korean commercial language, teaching Korean as a foreign language, Korean teaching methods, Korean communication etiquette, and teaching Korean practice.
- The Korean Language program also provides cultural experiences related to Korea.
- Scholarships, such as KF-Samsung and Lotte, are available for students.
- The program’s teaching materials are updated annually, and the active teaching methods encourage students to enhance their Korean language skills, which can be useful in both their professional and lifelong learning journeys.
- The curriculum integrates specialized knowledge, foreign language skills, and essential professional skills, combined with suitable physical facilities to ensure the training of high-quality human resources for society.
- Working in cultural, educational, tourism, diplomatic, translation, and consular agencies.
- Employment in 100% foreign-owned enterprises or joint ventures with foreign countries.
- Working in representative offices, trade offices, economic organizations, press agencies, etc.
- Translation and interpretation roles.
- Teaching Korean or conducting research related to Korean language and culture in relevant institutions and schools.
- Directly managing, organizing, or participating in domestic and international tourism guidance.
- Pursuing further education to enhance qualifications.
- After graduation, students may work in Korean enterprises that value their language skills.
Suitable qualities for this field of study:
- Passion for the Korean language and culture.
- Strong memory skills.
- Self-motivated to learn.
- Willingness to explore new aspects related to the field.
- Effective communication and information-sharing abilities.
Currently, HUFLIT is accepting applications for the Korean Language program through the submission of academic transcripts. Prospective students can apply today.